European Voluntary Service Vacancy available at Rota Vicentina
ACTIVE AND NATURE TOURISM, SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, ROUTE MAINTENANCE, VOLUNTEERING, MEDIA - Rota Vicentina is among the local projects with an open vacancy for the European Voluntary Service within the Odemira Municipality. Get to know the available opportunities and send your application until 22nd March.
Until 22nd March you can apply to the European Voluntary Service opportunities, available in the Odemira Municipality (Alentejo) and share among all your European friends the challenge of living an year of paid voluntary work in sunny Portugal.
Get to know all the oportunities HERE, and in more detail the open vacancy for the Rota Vicentina Association:
Rota Vicentina is a network of walking trails in Sw Portugal, totalling 400 km to walk, along the most beautiful and best preserved coastline of Southern Europe. Comprising the Historical Way, the Fishermen’s Trail and several Circular Routes, proposes a unique experience of two worlds, between a living and authentic rural culture and a surprisingly wild coastline – fully within Sw Alentejo and Vicentina Coast Natural Park.
Conceived as a public structure, the Rota Vicentina intends to establish itself as a defining characteristic of the region, becoming viable via the most natural of human practices – walking – and contributing unequivocally towards to the sustainability of rural areas through the promotion of economic activity, stimulation of existing activities and services, maintenance and enhancement of local culture and traditions, encouraging new business creation and promoting the destination out of season.
Rota Vicentina – Association for the Promotion of Nature Tourism in the Alentejo and Vicentina Coast, is a non-profit association, founded on 05th June 2013, to manage, maintain, integrate, empower and promote the “touristic product” that Rota Vicentina represents.
There are currently 170 partner companies, a team of 7 people working every day at the office, more than 150 volunteers, and a number of public entities that form the wide partnership created around the project.
DESCRIPTION OF EVS PROJECT
To get involved, actively participate and give support to the Volunteering and Maintenance Program in place within the Rota Vicentina Association, designed to ensure the effective maintenance of the actual and future network of walking and biking paths.
Produce rich and emotional media contents – chronicles, photography and video – about all outdoor dimensions of the project, including the maintenance of the trails and volunteer actions, member companies’ lifestyle and businesses, tourists and journalists while enjoying the trails and local community identity and culture.
- Organization, support and field work during trail maintenance campaigns and specific actions like garbage collection or acacia clearing
- Recruiting of volunteers and Trail Care Takers to strengthen the volunteers community
- Organization of awareness campaigns for local community
- Conception of a “Volunteer Campus” destined to international volunteers
- Photo and video coverage of all group maintenance actions to share through social media
- Production of small video clips about all aspects of the outdoor dimensions of the project, including partner companies and their work; events, inaugurations and public sessions happening during the volunteering period, among other occasions
- Creation of a Blog about your experience during the voluntary experience
- Accompany and produce a ‘Making of’ of the promotional videos to be produced
- Collect data from Ecocounters and collaborate on the collection of answers in the trail to the hiker’s questionnaire
ACCOMMODATION/ FOOD/ TRANSPORTS
The volunteer will be housed in Odemira in a T0 or T1, leased for the purpose.
Meals will be provided through a monthly payment to the volunteer.
For travel within the scope of the activities carried out in the EVS, the transport shall be provided by the Association. The remaining trips will be provided by the local transport network.
PROFILE OF VOLUNTEER
- Passion for the countryside and living in a rural area
- Interest in active nature tourism and sustainable development
- Travel photography and writing
- Outdoor sports – hiking, biking, surf
- Social Media
- Responsibility, autonomy, dynamism and creativity
- Excellent interrelation skills and high communication ability
- Team work
- Good English spoken and written
- Flexibility to work on weekends
- Interest and technical abilities in photography, video, writing in native and English language and for maintaining a blog and feed social media platforms (it is mandatory to send a portfolio or evidence of previous works).
- Know-how on photo and video editing software
Send your CV with a photo and Motivation Letter, in Portuguese or English, to firstname.lastname@example.org, until March 22, 2017.
Specific interests and motivations should be presented in the Motivation Letter.
We make no distinction regarding ethnic origin, religion, political or sexual orientation of the candidate, nor regarding academic degrees.